What is this product?
Orap Tablet is used in the treatment of schizophrenia. It works by altering the thoughts and elevating the mood, thereby improving the person’s ability to think, feel, and behave.
Orap Tablet may be taken with or without food, preferably at the same time each day. Take it at the same time each day as this helps to maintain a consistent level of medicine in the body. Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor and if you have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. This medication mustn't be stopped suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may worsen your symptoms.
Some common side effects of this medicine include dry mouth, abnormality of voluntary movements, urinary retention, constipation, and muscle rigidity. Initially, this medicine may cause a sudden drop in blood pressure when you change positions, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down. It may also cause dizziness and sleepiness, do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
Before taking it, inform your doctor if you are suffering from thyroid or kidney problems, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, glaucoma, or any heart problems. You should not take this medicine if you are under the influence of alcohol or any sleep-inducing, cough, and/ or allergy medication. This medicine can also lead to weight gain, eat a healthy balanced diet, avoid snacking with high-calorie food, and exercise regularly.
BENEFITS OF ORAP TABLET
In Treatment of Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder in which a person’s thinking ability, feelings, and behavior become abnormal. Orap 4mg Tablet helps restore the chemical imbalances in the brain that are responsible for such changes. It improves thoughts, behavior and enhances the quality of life. It needs to be taken regularly to work effectively. Do not stop taking it unless your doctor advises you to as it can worsen your condition.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ORAP TABLET
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of Orap
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Dryness in mouth
- Abnormality of voluntary movements
- Weight gain
- Increased prolactin level in blood
- Urinary retention
- Abnormal vision
HOW TO USE ORAP TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Orap 4mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
HOW ORAP TABLET WORKS
Orap Tablet is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
- Orap Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
- Orap Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
- Orap Tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
- Orap Tablet may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
- Orap Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Orap Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Orap Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Orap Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.